- Animal Services & Mosquito Control
- Animal Services
- Adoption Information
We have many great pets available for adoption at our shelter and during our offsite adoption events. We have partnered with Petco on Youree Drive and have cats at their facility available for adoption. We welcome you to visit our animals at these locations and adopt a pet today!
There is no resident location requirement to adopt a pet from us. We have a friendly staff that will assist you in locating a compatible pet for your home and family.
To adopt a pet you simply fill out an adoption application and contract. The contract is a promise from you that you will provide your new pet with a great home where it will be loved and provided for.
All of our adoption pets have undergone a health exam and are current on all vaccinations. The adult animals have been Rabies vaccinated and go out with a rabies tag.
To support our mission, our adult animals are spayed or neutered before adoption, and those that are not, go out with a voucher to have the procedure done.
When you adopt a pet from us you will receive many incentives to help you get started such as discounts at various pet stores and grooming shops. You will also receive a starter kit with coupons for different pet items.
We look forward to seeing you at one of our adoption locations today!
Adoption Policy & Procedure
- Caddo Parish Animal Services requires potential adopters to be at least 18 years of age and provide proper identification.
- It is required by Law that all animals adopted from Caddo Parish Animal Services be either SPAYED or NEUTERED. With all the animals that must be euthanized day after day because there are not enough responsible homes for them, this requirement will help reduce pet overpopulation.
- No animal will be adopted out as MOUSERS, GUARD, or WATCH DOGS or for any purpose other than companion animals.
- The fee for adoption is $50, cash only.
- Once adoption is approved the animal must be immediately transported to a veterinarian for a thorough examination. Caddo Parish Animal Services attempts to insure that all pets offered for adoption are healthy; however, an animal may be incubating a disease while at the shelter and not show clinical signs until after it is adopted and taken home.
- A refund will be given only if your veterinarian diagnoses your animal as having a physical, medical or behavioral problem.
Note: Caddo Parish Animal Services has the right to refuse adoption to any individual based on that individual's qualifications.
Any questions or suggestions concerning this program may be answered by calling 318-226-6624.