Animal Services accepts all dogs and cats at no charge as long as you are a resident of Caddo Parish.
- Owners who surrender their pets will be scheduled according to space availability. Scheduling owner surrenders assists us with giving every animal a chance at a positive outcome (adoption, rescue). Upon surrender, the owner will give up all rights to the pet.
- Owners may also rehome their pet via www.adoptapet.com.
- Proof of ownership is required to surrender your pet.
- Pets may be surrendered to Animal Services located at 1500 Monty Street, Shreveport, Louisiana 71107.
- There is no age limit on the pet to be surrendered.
- There is no hold period for pets which are owner-surrendered.
- Animals that are deemed eligible for adoption may be placed for adoption. If they are not placed for adoption and there is no rescue group able to assist with placing the animal at that time, they may be euthanized. Animal Services may euthanize animals due to health, temperament, or lack of space.
- In cases where the animal is suffering, euthanizing the pet may become necessary.
- Aggressive animals will be assessed as safely as possible and decisions for adoption, rescue or humane euthanasia will be made at that time.
Aggressive animals will be assessed as safely as possible and decisions for adoption, rescue or humane euthanasia will be made at that time.
Approximately 6,000 pets are impounded at the Animal Shelter each year and sadly there are not nearly enough homes for all of them. Please spay or neuter your pets. It saves lives.