What do I need when obtaining my permit?
If the structure is within 5 miles of the city limits of Shreveport, there are four steps for permits:

1. Contact the Caddo Parish Health Department at (318) 676-5265 concerning your septic system, if applicable. The department is located at 1035 Creswell Avenue.

2. Contact the MPC at (318) 673-6480 concerning a Zoning Certificate for the property. The department is located on the 4th floor of Government Plaza.

3. Bring all papers received from these offices to the Parish Permit office for an address permit. The department is located on the 8th floor of Government Plaza (318) 226-6949.

4. Bring all of the above paperwork to the City Permit office on the 1st floor of Government Plaza (318) 673-6100.

If you are not on a septic system - you may omit the 1st step.
If you are outside that 5-mile buffer - you may omit the second step.

Show All Answers

1. What do I need when obtaining my permit?
2. Do I need an address permit for my house?
3. Do I need a permit to put a mobile home on my land?
4. How much is the permit fee?
5. How long is a permit valid?
6. I want to build a business in the Parish - what do I need for the permits?
7. Why do I have to go to the City of Shreveport? I don’t live inside the city of Shreveport.
8. Do I need a driveway permit for my lot?
9. What kind of culvert can I use?
10. I need to run a water line under a Parish road, what do I do?